Free As A Bird
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Drifting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

Position : Lead Captian of the Jayhawks
Treasure : 918

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 pm

The green grass waved in the wind, rustling and whispering, driving white clouds across the azure sky. The Rapid River raged not far away its rumbling gurgle could be heard by the man as he sat sapphire pools watching a line of ants as they want along their way intently. Leaves bits of plants, seeds, even other bugs larger then the small insects passed by the man large boots as the ants carried their food to their hole. It always astounded the Captain, how something so small carried objects ten times larger then themselves? The sheer determination and will to survive along with they way they worked with one another reminded him of a close ship crew. Together like the larger humans and their ships the ants took down prey bigger then themselves dragging them back to their home under the earth, where they would share with others.

He wondered how their home looked beneath the earth, was it a network of tunnels and passageways one sees carved out as caves by water and wind? Or was it something entirely different, an intricate structure so unlike anything the Captain had ever seen. Alas he would never find out, for even his smallest was too large to fit within the confines of the ant’s burrow. Like the depths of the ocean these tiny creatures’s home deep under the earth would forever remain a mystery to the young man, only the trails carved out of the trunks of fallen trees gave him an idea as to how the ants may structure their homes. As for their social structure, that would never be solved unless he developed a way to communicate with the insects he had little hope of finding out anything about them; if they were capable of intelligent speech that is.

After staring at the insect for a time the captain of the Stargazer shifting his gaze toward the sky to watch as the wind pushed the clouds along, it too seemed to be over looked by others. Like the ant humans simply went about their lives with no regard to the wind and its purpose. It carried scents, seeds, and sent the clouds filled with rain to various parts of the land, it even helped the birds soar high in the sky. There were so many simple wonders of the world that were often over looked, but all were necessary for their survival. As he watched the clouds Tray noted how the wind caused the tall grass in the clearing to sway, like the waves of the sea crashing toward him before the invisible force hit him, toyed with his black hair tugging at his cloths before playfully scampering away to play with the leaves in the treetops.

Just up river from Drycreek where his ship was docked Tray could see the tops of buildings towering over the trees he knew that if he were to travel up river away from the bustling town he would reach the village of Vail by nightfall, so close were the two towns and yet so different, the one a thriving trade industry while the other remained a small poor farming community. Looking down at a piece of grass he had picked recently and had been playing with the man twirled the thin green blade, it was a stark contrast to the blades that rested on either hip yet the man preferred the peaceful grass over the tools many used for violence. As he sat there leaning against the large stone lost in his pondering, Tray became aware of a sound that was far out of place, the sound of something moving through the trees of Firefly forest; who or what ever it was it was approaching rather fast. Shrugging the man tossed the blade of grass back among its companions as he rested his right hand lazily on the hilt of one of his swords his head cocked to the left his eyes scanning the area where the sound was coming from.

(All who are interested are welcome to throw their character in with Tray.)

Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

Position : Maintenence worker
Treasure : 1050

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:27 pm

The 16 year old boy sprinted through the trees, avoiding the large trunks and jumping over bushes. He reached a particularly large tree and had to slow down considerably to avoid it. It was very large, and it blocked his view of a bush just beyond it. The boy didn't have time to slow enough, so he ended up tripping over the shrubbery and landing on the ground with a loud thud. Jacob quickly scrambled to his feet and looked around, a little dazed. After a bit, he spotted his captain, Tray, and ran over to him. "H...Hey captain." He said, gasping for air. "What brings you here?" His eyes went wide as what he had been running from appeared out of the trees, a swarm of bees. The boy let out a short scream and began running again. But before he could get anywhere, his foot smacked against a rock, making him tumble to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Tray watched flabbergasted as the young mechanic came tumbling out of the brush, an eye brow rising as the young boy picked himself up off the ground and hurriedly muttered a greeting to his captain. Suddenly the captain became aware of a loud buzzing sound that seemed to caused the entire air to vibrate with the angry noise, the air on the back of the man’s neck rose as a swarm of bees burst from the brush charging toward the two man. Jacob gave a scream as he attempted to flee from his pursuers, only to trip over a rock face planting in the dirt. Not missing a beat the captain gripped Jacob’s collar and heaved his young charge to his feet, dragging more then steering him to a calmer portion of the river. Not hesitating for a second he shoved his young friend into the icy cold water before diving in after him, the chill nearly knocking the air from his longs. Keeping a firm grip on Jacob with one hand incase he attempted to resurface while whole onto an underwater bolder with the other Tray kept the two of them underwater, it wasn’t a moment to as a dark shadow passed over them, hovered there then dispersed when they realized their target had alluded them. Allowing his head to break the surface of the water Tray gulped in a fresh lungful of air as he hauled himself and then Jacob out of the water, even in this calm area the pull of the river was strong, he didn’t want to loose the young mechanic its current. Slithering farther up the bank Tray let out a choking laugh as he spit up some water that he had swallowed, patting Jacob vigorously on the back he spoke.” Next time you decide to run into your captain be sure not to invite the bees!” he said, shivering as a breeze cut through his wet cloths. Giving his head a doggish shake he stood, offering Jacob his hand. “What did you do to get those bees so railed up, I’ve never seen bees so determined! Out for a man’s blood what was they were, you’d thick their entire existence rested upon attacking you.”

Giving a clear bought of laughter the captain sat atop the large bolder once more, removing his jacket he began wringing out the piece of paternal before donning it one more. Once finished with that he skillfully drew both his swords in a single motion, he carefully inspected the blade for any since of moister, but the well crafted sheaths and layer of oil applied to the blades had kept all but the exposed handle dry. He would have to carefully clean them once he had dry materials or risk rusting and wearing of the supple leather that bound their handles. Re-sheathing his swords he did not bother checking his other blades that he carried on his person, all of them including his swords word be thoroughly cleaned from tip to tip. For now he would worry about his companion’s well being, he must be quite shaken after such a strange and frightful experience. Remaining silent the man watched Jacob, his crystal clear blue eyes taking in every detail, from the dripping wet cloths to the tiny scraps and bruises left from his mad dash through the forest before finally settling on his young face. He was still only a just a lad, yet he had been dragged into the world of piracy and outlaws. Before he was twenty he would witness countless crimes, war, and bloodshed. The idea caused Tray’s heart to break, he should have never accepted his please to allow him to join his crew. But he knew that if he hadn’t the determined boy would have found another, he couldn’t take the chance of him finding someone less merciful then he. So he set him to work as a mechanic, not just because his talents shown in that area, but because he wanted to keep him out of as much battles as possible. He was so different from the normal pirates people envision, if anyone were to meet Tray on the street they would think him a friendly fool, innocent and harmless. They would be shocked to find that he was in fact an infamous pirate leader, the head of the clan known as The Jayhawks; The Phantom. Owner of the mysterious ship known only by The Ghost, a stark contrast to the friendly captain and his happy looking ship The Stargazer. A rue smile touched the man’s lips, fate had been cruel to the both of them.

-OOC: Still open for one more character to join in!-

Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Jacob allowed his captain to pull him up from the ground, and he moved his feet with him as well. Until he noticed what his captain was dragging him towards. The boy suddenly put on a burst of effort to stay away from the rushing water, but he could not keep himself from being dragged into the water. Jacob began to panic, and tried to swim up to the surface. But Tray had gripped a boulder and would not let him go. Eventually the bees left. But when the two resurfaced, Jacob was gasping for air. He would have been able to hold his breath for longer if he hadn't been panicking the whole time underwater. He got out of the water as quickly as he could, and put good distance between himself and the river, still gasping and breathing hard.

After a bit, the boy had regained his breath and looked at his captain as the man asked him why the bees had been chasing him. Jacob laughed along with Tray, then answered his question, hoping that his captain wouldn't question him further about his panic caused by the water. "Well, I was just layin' down under a tree, tossing a rock that I found up and down. I didn't notice the beehive, and... One of the times, I threw the rock higher, and the next thing I know, I'm running for my life." Jacob was thoroughly embarrassed to have looked liked such a fool in front of his captain.
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Moon

Position : None at the moment
Treasure : 1071

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:50 pm

(OCC: I would love to join in with this thread if possible. If I am allowed I would just like to wait for a few posts in my own topic before joining this one ^-^)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Treasure : 127

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

(OOC: You are welcome to join it on this role play when ever you'd like!)

Post Coming Soon. (Tray is telling me to dunk Jacob in the water again. >>)
Back to top Go down
https://freeasabird.rpg-board.net
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Tray shook his head in disbelief after Jacob told him his story, only the young mechanic could manage to turn a seemingly normal event into something dangerous. He had noticed the young man’s panicked reaction towards the water and suspected he was deathly afraid of the stuff, a bit ironic since the Stargazer sailed over the ocean often and had to dock in water from time to time. Running his fingers through his wet hair to keep it out of his eyes the captain stood and replaced his weapons, making sure the sheaths were secure before extending a hand to the young man. Once he had helped Jacob to his feet the captain offered a smile of encouragement in an attempt to cheer him up after such an embarrassing display. “ No need to worry mate, there’s no need to be embarrassed only a fool would stand and face those bloodthirsty bugs.” He said, clapping him on the back before starting off toward the city. “Lets go have some food, a nice meal will brighten the day and warm use up!”

With an ever present bounce in his step Tray walked on, not referring to Marlyn’s sudden act of fear, if the boy wanted to talk about it he would in his own time. For now he made a mental note not to send him near water unless he had too, he didn’t want to be the cause of any panic attacks that could endanger his young ship-mate. With the bees long gone the day resumed as normal as the man slowly walked parallel to the river, making sure to keep himself between the river. He kept a far enough distance from the body of water that he hoped would be comfortable to the teen, but at the same time he had to keep in in sight or else risk losing track of the direction they were headed. By now they had walked into the trees which hid the buildings and smoke from view, and although he had an excellent sense of direction Tray wanted to take a more scenic route as he followed to curve of the river to give Jacob a chance to open up and say what he wished while they dried off a little.

-Still open!-

Last edited by Tray Daniels on Mon May 06, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:21 pm

(Sorry for the late post!)

Jacob listened to his captain speak, then shook his head. Yeah, I stood and faced them real bravely, he thought sarcastically. He followed closely behind his captain towards the city, watching him, trying to decide whether or not he wanted to talk to him about it right now. Once in a while, he would look around to make sure the bees didn't come back... and also check the river to make sure they weren't to close for comfort. The boy sighed. His captain must think he was a total fool now. He was afraid that Tray would kick him out of his crew. But after he thought about it... no, this was Tray he was thinking about. If it were your average pirate captain, then he might have something to worry about. But this was most definitely not your average pirate captain.
Back to top Go down
Tray Daniels

Tray Daniels

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:18 pm

They walked in silence as he waited for Jacob to decide what he was going to do. he wanted his crew to feel comfortable enough to come and talk to him about anything, if they had a problem or concern he wanted them to tell him. He would not hurt them or punish them for trusting him enough to confide in him, a pirate crew was perhaps one of the most free structures crews could vote if a captain was worthy enough to be the leader or not. Normally the losing man was left stranded on an island while the crew appointed a new captain. He shuttered at the thought of his own men turning against him and trying to cease control of the Stargazer, he would never allow that to happen. After ten minutes of walking in silence Tray spoke. "Jacob, you can tell me what is bothering you, or you can choose not to." He said, his voice soothing, "No matter what you choose I'm not going to think of you differently or punish you by removing you from the crew, I am your captain but I also desire to be your friend."

He flashed the boy a reassuring smile before falling into silence, they were nearing the town he could see the outline of building through the trees. If Jacob wanted to say something in the privacy of the forest he would have to do it soon. Tray's mouth watered at the thought of a good hot meal, his stomach giving a quiet rumble in agreement. He only hoped that a good meal with a friend inside a warm solid building would help to ease his young ship-mate worries.

Table by Aztec
Back to top Go down
Jacob Marlyn

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Jacob looked up at his captain as he spoke, saying that he could talk to him about anything. He sighed again. He thought about it for a good long while. After a while, he looked up at the buildings, which were growing larger by the moment. The boy made a decision. He would do something he had never done before. He was going to tell someone about his fear of water. Tray probably already knew by the stunt that he pulled when his captain dragged him into the river. The young mechanic looked over at the rushing water, which, he decided, was far enough away. He swallowed and began slowly. “Captain….I’m uhhh… well, you can probably… you can probably tell, but…” He looked for the right to say it, and decided to just say it short and get it over with. “I’m afraid of water.” The boy fell further behind his captain and hung his head as he walked.

Table Made by Aztec
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drifting  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting    Drifting  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drifting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Free As A Bird :: Argo :: Other Locations-
Jump to: